General Moderation Topic

User ludd has been suspended until the end of time. The specific instance was one of a comment demonstrating only that the user failed to read the post. The users history of deleted posts and suspensions screams that they should find another forum.

4 Likes

User cosmotic felt the need to post - multiple times - about how boring the content of Boing Boing was. We don’t want them to be trapped somewhere they don’t want to be, so we have provided them with a vacation to free themselves from their boredom and monotony. If they choose to return, hopefully it will be with a newfound interest in this community of Happy Mutants after their time away.

19 Likes

Maybe they were on the wrong site?

http://www.boringboring.net/

10 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

9 Likes

cdhawke has been banned for directly attacking another user.

Debate positions all you want, but when you go after other members, your time here is done.

19 Likes

hnwombat has been given a timeout for repeatedly trying to rule-lawyer the right to ignore our guidelines. Then decided to sealion over the request to cease doing so and remain civil, Despite being given their own topic to have the discussion they wanted.

Unfortunately, that’s typical behaviour that makes it clear that they wanted to be the center of the conversation where people would read it, not that they actually wanted to discuss the topic in question with other community members.

13 Likes

A question/comment really, not a gripe. I noticed a pretty brand new account holder reached Regular level after only about six weeks and a couple of dozen posts.

Seems kinda quick?

7 Likes

It’s programmatic, based on how much you read and how often you visit, and I think it’s a rolling 100-day average. So if you’re here for 50 days straight, read prolifically, and occasionally post (and don’t get flagged), you will get regular status.

15 Likes

Guess I gotta read more BBS to get that tasty, tasty badge…

7 Likes

Well, that is certainly boring…

6 Likes

Man, I gotta get crackin’.

4 Likes
5 Likes