General Moderation Topic

This seems like it’s a self-evident truth, to be honest. BBS is owned by someone who has made rules and empowers moderators to enforce them, with the advisory help of the community through a flagging system.

16 Likes

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

Indeed they are! Especially to @orenwolf!

Thank You So Much GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

Right? I think for the most part, they get it right, and they are pretty transparent on what they are doing and why. Given how many other online communities are flaming piles of dog crap ruled by right wing bullies looking to shout down any and all disagreement with them, this place works as well as it does, because of the mods here…

20 Likes

Contrast with the behaviour of the new owner of a certain large-scale social media platform, who’s decided in his great genius to scrap its already paltry moderation system and staff. I guess no moderation is one way of ensuring that he won’t get long butthurt e-mails from banned users. 4D chess!

15 Likes

User Slide has been banned after trying to equate BB with Fake News sites, continuing a long string of “shitposting” about the site in general.

23 Likes

Later, hater.

17 Likes

Thanks! Always nice to remove a name from my very short Ignore list.

12 Likes

monty-python-rejoice

12 Likes

14 Likes

User papasan has been banned.

For the third time, and despite warnings and two prior bans, this user has resorted to insulting other users directly. Their choice to do so using a homophobic reference this time was a bridge too far.

14 Likes

Wow.

I do not envy your job.

31 Likes

It won’t be the same without him, but them’s the rules, and the community is ultimately more important than any one member.

21 Likes

That’s disappointing. Not the mod actions - just you always hope for people to be able to be their best self. It’s sad in this case that papasan couldn’t

14 Likes

Roger that.

(Sigh.)

24 Likes

In the immortal words:

tumblr_inline_pcrh0uN87o1qmqyem_540

17 Likes

Yeah.
I’m sighing right now.

39 Likes

Well, HELL. That’s a real bummer.

24 Likes

I echo all the above.
I’ve made my share of cock-ups.
I did like him though, but as everybody has stated, rules is rules.
Bloody shame.

18 Likes

Aw geez… :disappointed:

13 Likes

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

19 Likes

Dans ce pays-ci, il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral pour encourager les autres.

11 Likes