"Generation Gap": Which Era Do YOU Fall Into?

11 Likes

Hell, you should see how he trains his bots to treat us.

6 Likes

This one’s my favourite because the first time I saw the photo, it seemed incredible to me that it as a real face, in real life, being presented by a real politician, to the press.

I mean, it’s surreal.

5 Likes

I haven’t asked for a self-ban to go off and cry in months!

3 Likes

No, I’m serious. You little shits couldn’t follow a simple set of game rules if an unvaccinated babby’s life depended upon it.

8 Likes

You might be saying dumb things.

They always freak out on me when I say dumb things.

It’s refreshing.

6 Likes

You could forget your password and decide the only way to reset it is via an email to Mark Frauenfelder as a way to take some time off.

That made me snarf.

3 Likes

I think you are applying the comment to this thread when it wasn’t in relation to it.

What a coincidence: my “tolerance” for it is practically non-existent.

But I don’t just assume right off the bat that anyone who thinks differently is driving trollies or trying to pick a fight.

Not to speak for the hive mind :wink: but we usually try not to, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, but we try not to. That being said when we do usually it’s for the reason I stated above [new account, strong opinions, first comment under new account in a controversial thread, etc.] and even then sometimes we make mistakes. That is also why the community does not have mod powers :smile:, thank god.

EDIT: BBS community=pseudo immune system that has a ok accuracy rate, moderators=white blood cells with a HIGH accuracy rate.
EDIT: I think @nemomen said it better down there -> V <-

4 Likes

I don’t assume that if I’ve seen someone around for a bit, but you have to understand that if a somewhat controversial topic pops up and some new faces appear and start vociferously disagreeing there’s a 95% chance the new face is here to be a belligerent trolley and they’re going to get smacked and I will join in the smack down if I’m around. If a new face shows up and is blah-blahing about Nixies or bananas or whatever they get the benefit of the doubt. This is basically just a defense mechanism for the community to eject trollies quickly and effectively.

4 Likes

You made me snort super loud, sir! :joy:

I’d like to add that there is a behavior that Chickadees and some other passerines engage in where they mob hawks/snakes/other predators as a way to force them to leave the area for the protection of the bird community, and they even have specific calls to help id and respond to different sorts of threats that amounts to a shared animal language that squirrels and other rodents also can identify, but the analogy’s stretched and it’s just that I really like birds, so there’s little point in me adding it. So I won’t.

1 Like

Sure.

It was the part about “memetic immunity” that I didn’t get.

1 Like

Oh…

I consider us to be mammals in especially epigenetically adaptable bodies due to neoteny, with a miltilayered brain structure which allows is to act as individuals, relate in small tribal structures, but also reindex the memories of sensory data and use a form of external or shared cognition via a combination of audiovisual stimuli and basic logical constructs…

Well… We end up being a lot more diverse than the Borg. Squishier too. With many outliers.

1 Like

Just trying to uh… Point out the…

Mustard on your shirt!!!

That’s all it was.

Come again please?

You have mustard on your shirt.

'splain please.