"Generation Gap": Which Era Do YOU Fall Into?

Where mustard comes from?

Seeds. Itty bitty powerful ones. Fun fact. Mustard will fuck you up! The defenses mustard the plant evoled are really hardcore. Attacks music membranes, destroys cell walls, even affects DNA. Goddamn. But… If you don’t have feet you better taste bad… So there ya go.

We get mustard seeds and grind them up. And mix them with the acetic acid that is a byproduct of the fermentation of grains by lactobacillus… Wait. Maybe not lactobacillus… Anyway.

We mix it with vinegar.

It has a bright color and a sour tangy spicy taste. Good stuff. Mustard.

And people wear shirts. People like good stuff. Sometimes you eat something with mustard… And it’s brightly colored…

On mistake it’s on your shirt. Maybe it just happened cause of fate.

So you don’t notice. People are looking at you quizically. Some giggle. Smirk. You know…

You have mustard on your shirt.

2 Likes

Explain your use of the old saying. How so?

Holy shit is that a saying?!

What does it mean?

I believe the more appropriate question is:

Qui a coupé le fromage?

5 Likes

Perhaps that’s genuinely the case, perhaps not.

As someone else stated, without the benefit of eye contact, body language and tone of voice there’s no way of determining when others are joking or actually being serious.

Furthermore, given that I am a new member here (and not Mindysan’s sock puppet as I saw someone joke) there’s no way I could know who’s for real and who’s just a wiseacre.

I will admit that my own experiences with the darker side of the web have probably jaded me, and made me more likely to be on guard.

If you saw the kind of fangirls I managed to accrue just from speaking my mind, you might understand why though; it was beyond batshit crazy.

@nemomen[quote=“nemomen, post:197, topic:75475”]
This is basically just a defense mechanism for the community to eject trollies quickly and effectively.
[/quote]

And I guess this is what happens when your community’s defense mechanism meets mine.

:slight_smile:

I’m bitchy, and sarcastic to a fault, but I’m not a trolley; I just have this incredible knack for pissing total strangers off, even when I’m not trying to.

3 Likes

That’s a high compliment. Mindy is the tsar of tsocial justice, the general of giff.

10 Likes

I don’t like any of those generations. I’m just going to branch off 1971 as ‘Generation Groovy’

5 Likes

Whatever dude… All I can say is with me you get a double helping back of whatever you give me. I got a lot of shit over nothing and I will give twice as much back. I didn’t talk any shit to anyone until they started with insults and that I owe no respect to.

1 Like

So… Say we play a game.

Whoever gets to 100 points wins.

And I smack you for 5 points. You hit me back for 10. I smack you for 10… You hit me for 20.

You will always win unless I smack you for 100. Right?

The prize for winning this game is getting banned.

You have a bad strategy.

6 Likes

If you think someone said something vile to you, flag it, let the mods take a look.

4 Likes

ADMIN NOTE.

So many flags.

Well, this is all horrifically off-topic, but there’s too many posts for me to even think about transferring them into a new topic. So this thread is officially The Purge of BBS threads, but instead of just being anarchy, there may be arbitrary and capricious moderation as whim takes us.

13 Likes

Heh. Guess others were already doing that, then.

ahem

4 Likes

Who has the cheese-car?

10 Likes

Yes. No doubt.

If you retort in kind… You get kicked off the island.

It’s straight up unfair.

Another game… Mod sees… A bazillion flags. Someone has said a wrong thing.

And they look. And you did.

And they look for awhile. And they see a bunch of people yelling at a bunch of other people… Oh wait. Seven people yelling at one person.

A stranger.

Punt… Right off the island goes the stranger.

Uh… “you have mustard on your shirt.”

2 Likes

Thank-you!

4 Likes

That’s what she said!

5 Likes

If that’s the case and this is how people are treated then I would accept a ban as badge of absolute honor. I guess the negative critiques I have read about this site and it’s community might not be so far of. Tried giving it a chance and remained respectful and cordial but damn the vile comments and attacks.

That’s it fuck this site. If this is how it starts off this quick it’s shit and the users are shit.

Thanks for the invite Melz and hope my association with you doesn’t ruin your time here or give you bad name.

Go ahead Mods ban my account. PLEASE!!!

I had to take the wheel after you scraped the curd of the sidewalk.

It’s supposed to be Who cut the cheese? but I can’t manage to embed the video on my phone.

–but I finally got it embedded! Yay!

(Repeated for anyone that doesn’t want to scroll back up.)

2 Likes