Gentleman posted photo of catalytic converter for sale online seemingly unaware of huge bag of meth in the background

Still ACAB, always ACAB. I hope this dummy is relatively safe after having the cops called on him.

It’s a loss leader.

3 Likes

Actually, that would be an ideal item to counterfeit. Being as how they contain high value metal in order to operate perform the catalysis. Manufacture units without the palladium and nobody is gonna know until they have their exhaust tested - and are preferably miles away. Joe average is not gonna know what he is buying. Bet this is already a thing.

1 Like

Counterfeit units may be a thing, but most modern cars have O2 sensors either on the cat or just downstream of it so the car should usually throw a trouble code if it’s not doing anything at all.

1 Like

It’s a good thing that stuff ordered on Facebook always looks exactly like the picture when it arrives. :laughing:

3 Likes

If it’s the downstream cat (closest to tail pipe) one can run an o2 sensor with a defouler and can sometimes pass emissions with a gutted downstream cat - sometimes called a piggy pipe named (iirc) after some one on some forums that popularized the practice. “Common” practice even in California

Allegedly

Eta: a defouler plug/bung which moves the sensor further out of the exhaust stream so as to change the readings the ecu sees

1 Like

How did they know it was meth?

I see.

Signed - A Native Kansan

4 Likes

It may well be that only the box is new.

(I’ve only read this post so far, I’m probably not the first to make this observation.)

3 Likes

Could be heroin too. Not mescaline because, much to my chagrin, that doesn’t really exist anymore. This begs the question “If they have that much meth, coke, or heroin, why would they need to be selling catalytic converters?”. That is not a trivial bag.

Maybe they are just that deep in shit.

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with either the acute or chronic toxicity of either. Neither, though, are remotely safe when cut with unknown quantities of fentanyl. But if you can’t trust this dude to sell you pure, quality controlled pharmaceuticals who can you trust? :thinking:

2 Likes

mmmm maybe just one of those glitter glue sticks that look like a syringe.

1 Like

No.

LOL! You can’t “Just say no.”. Not enough characters. :slight_smile:

How do you like money laundering? He sells the meth to garages and takes payment in new catalytic convertors. Then sell the legal catalytic convertors to make legal cash???

1 Like

“Take note, if you are selling items on social media, make sure your drugs are not in the background!”

Did the police really say this? They’re giving tips on concealing illegal activity now?

1 Like

Stolen from a parts store or warehouse?

Ah Missouri. It’s all methed up.

1 Like

Because of how meth use softens the teeth?

I, for one, am appalled at the comments, re: the gentleman’s photo…
Who among us has never sent a photo with the remains of one’s breakfast in the background?

1 Like

So, you are pointing out that this is really more of an under appreciated Instagram food selfie? :thinking:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.