Gentleman shoplifts a drink right before inquiring about a job there

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/gentleman-shoplifts-a-drink-ri.html

3 Likes

For more brilliant gas-station-related decisions and mishaps, be sure to visit

Um, Roger That!

3 Likes

I assumed that asking about a job was a cover the theft. You know to make walking into the store and not buying anything less suspicious.

10 Likes

Things i’ve experienced first hand. Someone filling out a job app before shoplifting, and someone applying for a store credit card before shoplifting. I also have a story of a pregnant shoplifter fleeing from the store after getting caught with her friend, and then coming back with fake receipts to prove she wasn’t shoplifting.

People are smart.

5 Likes

Best interview was with a drunk applying for a Bartender position, he really gave it his all.

3 Likes

I don’t understand. How could the manager know he was stealing, unless he was closely watching the monitors? And yet the thief is white.

3 Likes

How is it legal to record sound along with CCTV? Christ, what an awful place to work.

2 Likes

Arizona has “one party consent” to recording, so if the employees are informed of it ahead of time, and their consent is required for the job, it’s legal.

1 Like

When he leaned up against the counter and asked for a job, you could clearly see the outline of the can through his t-shirt.

1 Like

To really sell it, he should have said his specialty was loss prevention.

2 Likes

So…someone else bought that bottle later?

1 Like

By spending about 7 bucks on one of these.

premises-protected-video-surveillance-sign-s-9388_pl

1 Like

I loved that lady’s laugh at the end.

Did the guy put the can back on the shelf even though it had been down someone’s pants?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.