Gentleman who thinks Confederates were the good guys in the Civil War gets epically self-owned

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/13/gentleman-who-thinks-confedera.html

9 Likes

Reboing;

25 Likes

Seems appropriate. The site is named boingboing after all, not just boing… :wink:

40 Likes

Winner winner chicken dinner!

4 Likes

Andy Hallinan owns a “Muslim-free” gun shop in Florida.

I’m really curious what kind of Muslim-detecting technology he has installed to keep them out.

32 Likes

Unfortunately boingboingboing.net is taken, but 3boing.net is available!

I’m still waiting for http://boeingboeing.net/ to spin up and start posting interesting things about airplanes.

7 Likes

Reboings seem necessary to reach folk like me. I miss a lot of the stuff that gets posted here, it seems.

8 Likes

“C’mon do the Boing…”

8 Likes

Imbecile
“Hey, we were the good guys”
“How”
“Hey, I’m no expert!!!”

21 Likes

This perfectly illustrates that if you take slavery out of the entire situation, then there wasn’t any other issue so contested and volatile that was worth going to war over.

21 Likes

From unknown citizen to world class dumbass in 56 seconds…what a guy.

16 Likes

People will just say ‘state rights’
and be internally chanting, ‘Please no follow-up, please no follow-up; I have not the slightest’ what that’s supposed to mean. Moments’ passed? oh yeah, argument owned!’

15 Likes

The war was about other things.
What things?
I don’t know. Why do you ask?

12 Likes

Like someone already stated up-thread, the rebuttal to that claim is always:

“The right to do what, exactly? To own slaves!”

22 Likes

Can’t argue with that…

ETA:

25 Likes

George Bernard Shaw … now that’s another story for the books!!

“When you study the history, that was one thing the war was about…”
“Name three other things that the war was about.”
“Well, um, I’m not an historian…”

Priceless!

8 Likes

It’s just the sort of intellectual rigour and coherency of argument I’ve come to expect from apologists for the Confederacy.

17 Likes

26 Likes