George Carlin's narration for Thomas the Tank Engine spiced up with other George Carlin voice-overs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/24/george-carlins-narration-for.html

5 Likes

George Carlin is the kind of spirit who makes me hope I (and he) are wrong and that there is an afterlife after all, and that I wind up in the same hall of heroes as him.

9 Likes

What a wonderful way to begin the week!

5 Likes

Gotta love Carlin. I still think it’s crazy that he ended up being the Narrator. Who decided that?!? I doubt such a thing could happen today, with organizations being overly protective of their “brand”.

4 Likes

I suppose that you could do the same thing with Cheech Marin and some of the kids’ shows that he has voiced.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This brought back a lot of memories of watching these with my kids, while secretly thinking “Sir Topham Hatt is a lunatic, and he can’t run a railway for shit. Using an entire train to deliver a single cake? What a fucking moron.”

7 Likes

This made my day!

1 Like

I have to say I like the kid-friendly version better.

And that guy was a total psycho too. He sent trains to their demise just for kicks.

This reminded me of Obama’s audio for his autobiography, where he quotes his friend.

3 Likes

Holy shit this is really funny!

2 Likes

Quite a line up of narrators.

Narrated by

Worth clicking through onto youtube. This is episode three, of a currently five part series :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rob, I love you for this

I desperately needed a laugh right now and holy hell Im laughing so hard Im coughing blood hahaha this is glorious

1 Like

I want someone to do this with one of Eddie Murphy’s kids movies, and Raw.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.