Georgia Sheriff and deputies indicted for repeatedly touching the junk of 900 students at local high-school

This is the third goddamn Georgia (USA) story in the top of my feed. I’m not even counting the multiple Equifax (HQ: Georgia) threads Stop it. Please. If I wasn’t so high, I would leave right now.

6 Likes

I am afraid you are mistaken, I am a student at WCHS and the suit is going forward and our lawyer Mark Bergnaud is getting a class action classification for the suit. The nine parents are just the ‘faces’ of the suit. It is easy to confuse though, and thank you for your concern with our struggles :slight_smile:

23 Likes

They’re still not going to find any WMD’s.

2 Likes

He would just watch from a chair in the corner of the interrogation room wearing nothing but a robe while sipping from a brandy snifter and smoking.

3 Likes

Or no assault at all.

One pollyanna site says that it’s extremely unlike that someone peeing behind bushes would end up on the list, but that makes a lot of airy assumptions about cop law and the justice system.

5 Likes

I don’t see how that is completely legal. Maybe I am naive about how far our civil rights have eroded. Locker searches maybe but a mass search?

Little known fact - it was because of his prehensile penis.

4 Likes

93% poor kids.

From https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/georgia/districts/worth-county/worth-county-high-school-6131

8 Likes

I blame global warming, and like the Northward migration of climate zones, so too Florida comes to Georgia.

1 Like

“I didn’t PERSONALLY do it!” is just the flip side of “I was following orders” coin.

5 Likes

This thing again? I dare you to post the regular speed version some time…

5 Likes

What age are high school students in the US? When I was in what then (late sixties and early seventies) was called senior high school in the town where I come from in the UK everyone was 14 or older and if this sort of thing had happened I think there would have been mass protests.

All I have to go on is media reports like this but American schools seem more like prisons than schools to me. I hope that events like this are rare.

2 Likes

Yes the northward migration of Homo Floridenses out of the Floridian peninsula will leave a trail of mind-boggling and wacky destruction of Homo Sapien peoples and the civilization they have built. This will be the true horrible legacy of climate change.

3 Likes

Goes to show you how lasting an effect a horrible President can have on a country. I imagine we’ll still be fucked from Trump decades from now, yaaay. :-/

3 Likes

We are still suffering the effects of Nixon. Thanks to the war on drugs, no accusation is too flimsy and no atrocity committed is too great if it keeps the marijuana out of people’s hands.

5 Likes

Well, the school has some culpability then. They should have said “no fucking way,” “intimidation” or no intimidation.

2 Likes

And the effects of Rutherford B Hayes.

The Compromise of 1877 and the end of Reconstruction were key events in creating the present unpleasantness.

The 3/5ths Compromise and the Compromise of 1850 didn’t help, either.

You’d think by now that folks would have figured out the downsides of compromising with that particular evil.

3 Likes

It’s not always Republicans. Anthony Wiener, for example.

friend of my sons as an 18 year old high school senior stopped to pee on his way home at the edge of a park. Was arrested for various pedophilia/sex charges. His parents spent a damn ton of money to keep him from having his life ruined because he didn’t pee after volleyball practice rushing home to dinner. (also georgia)

2 Likes