German policeman shames photo taking rubberneckers at a fatal crash scene

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/23/german-policman-shames-photo-t.html

2 Likes

I’m confused. Did I just stumble onto BoingBoing her German?

The subtitles are in German too. So…sure?

5 Likes

There’s a pretty great moment at 1:55 where he rips into a guy in English. I think he even mentions that the presumably dead motorist is from the lookey-loo’s own country. Damn effective. The guy looked properly samed.

12 Likes

Yelling at someone in German is very effective, my grandparents were good at that.

26 Likes

I’m pretty sure it translates to something like “If you don’t eat yer meat, you can’t have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat yer meat?”

16 Likes

Oh brother, reminds me of the ass chew’ings I got from German speaking mother, not good folks.

13 Likes

This is actually quite common here in France too. Whenever there is an accident, morons whip out their phones and start filming. The utter lack of respect for the injured/deceased aside, it is dangerous as heck because they slow down, they weer around on the motorway, they don’t look where they are going - and often cause an additional crash by their stupidity or endanger the people working at the scene.

If the gendarmes see this, they will first gesture to you to move on and God help if you don’t floor it right away - you will probably get pulled over asap, charged with holding a phone while driving as a minimum (that’s an offense in France and a lot of EU countries), possibly with dangerous driving too. You will get a hefty fine and points on your license at least, if you are sufficiently stupid you could even lose your license and possibly get arrested …

There is now even a new rule that if you see an intervention by the police/paramedics/firemen on the motorway, you must change lanes and give them a wide berth for their safety. That will also limit the gawkers a bit. The first responders also tend to use sheets/tarpaulins for privacy where possible, so there is little left to gawk on.

26 Likes

He is yelling out a recipe for a Bunt cake.

7 Likes

There’s an auto-translate feature in the YouTube settings, but trying to understand the poorly-translated captions is almost as bad as trying to understand German when it is spoken but you don’t know it.

5 Likes

Admittedly I clicked on it just expecting the subtitles or voice over in English.
Netflix has spoiled me.

5 Likes

Apparently, even some pirate-streaming websites have more consideration and foresight.

5 Likes

This is somehow meta… shouldn’t I be ashamed for watching this?

11 Likes

I’m ashamed right now.

4 Likes

That’s okay. I’m ashamed for you.

4 Likes

Shame

9 Likes

Mark, can you please embed another video, not the one from BILD?

That’s yellow press. Yellow as urin, stinks as hell.

7 Likes

Here is another video.

8 Likes

I agree with him, though his signaling at one point (0:18) was somewhat confusing.

1 Like

“photo-taking rubberneckers” You guys don’t seem to be even trying

1 Like

Fototakiinrubbernecken.

13 Likes