German shepherd wants to play fetch so badly, he recruits a kitten (video)

Originally published at: German shepherd wants to play fetch so badly, he recruits a kitten (video) | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Some cats will play fetch for a sustained amount of time. My late Tortie, Jasmine used to fetch paper wads for up to 10 minutes at a stretch. She’d also play “tag” in the house, her favorite activity.

23 Likes

Indeed; as a kitten our tabby, Potato, would fetch those fuzzy pipe cleaners…

21 Likes

Still, it’s great to see a dog get along so well with the kittens. :dog: :cat:

10 Likes

Best cat name ever.

10 Likes

Colbert agrees!

Stephen Colbert Smile GIF

7 Likes
13 Likes

Thanks; my kid opted not to change it from what the animal shelter had called her.
She really did look like a furry potato as a 7-week old kitten.

I grok the ‘Is Potato’ joke, and I admit I have thought about writing to Colbert about her more than once; we’ve had her since 2018, so the cat’s name predates the gag.

9 Likes

I really thought the video was going to go in a different direction. Happy no kittens were harmed in the making of….

1 Like

Um…

Why would you think that BB would post a pet mauling with no content warning?

5 Likes

It seems the cat is less playing fetch as it is the dog taking the ball away and throwing it back.

Because I have a darker sense of humor and forgot BB is perfect.

1 Like

Ghoulish even, one might say.

It may not be anywhere near perfect, but it does have standards:

6 Likes

Our new kitten has fixated on a crinkly catnip fish, and will self-play a while, then bring it to us to toss. She’ll then retrieve for several minutes of tossing.

We call “Go Fish!” a bunch during each session, trying to train her to find and fetch it on command.

What the fish sees…

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.