Cat channels his inner dog as he plays a serious game of fetch (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/12/cat-channels-his-inner-dog-as-he-plays-a-serious-game-of-fetch-video.html

11 Likes

I had a cat that would play fetch.

13 Likes

I have a cat that plays fetch. His favorite toy is a craft-store pipe cleaner that we call Pipey. He can hear the metallic ones being picked up from the other room - they seem to emit ultrasonic noise when touched.

13 Likes

Cat, “Bark. Bark.”

4 Likes

We had s cat that would play catch (she refused to do the return part) from the time she was a kitten. She’d leap several feet into the air to grab a catnip mouse tossed over her head. We didn’t realize this was a problem until she was out in the garden one day and took down a goldfinch that flew past a bit too low. Not one of our better ideas.

6 Likes

The music on the video should have been Norma Tanega, though

5 Likes

Certain cat breeds (such as the Russian Blue) will naturally play fetch with their owners. It isn’t wholly unusual.

6 Likes

Raised by wolves retrievers?

4 Likes

I’ve had two quite fetching, fetching cats. Both pretty much taught themselves in less than 10 mins.

8 Likes

This leads to waking up surrounded by rodent corpses.

7 Likes

cat whose penchant for fetch doesn’t come naturally like it does for most dogs

The owner is being trained by the cat to throw toys … I’ve had several cats that would enthusiastically chase toys, bat them around and bring it back again.

5 Likes

That’s better than live rodents. I had a cat that would bring toys to me while I was in bed … she brought and dropped something, I reached for it and it RAN AWAY!

She was angry, found the mouse and stomped off to the couch, where she disassembled it.

4 Likes

Not too unusual for cats. We had one years ago that fetched, and my daughter recently adopted a super soft, super sweet tuxedo cat that loves to fetch her little mouse toys.

3 Likes

Same here! By now, I must have a whole store’s worth that have been lost under my heavy kitchen appliances…

4 Likes

Both our current cats fetch. They bring me elastic hair ties and those silicone wristbands that kids wear with phrases printed on them and meow for me to play. I shoot them to the second floor and they tear off to hunt them. :cat2: :black_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.