Get free at-home Covid tests from Uncle Sam starting this week

FWIW, it’s already live and I was able to place an order no problem.

3 Likes

I spoke too soon. My daughter who is always looking out for us ordered us 4 tests. That will be four extra if anyone I know gets in a jam and needs some tests or I’ll take them to my mom’s assisted living place.

She’s a good kid.

The other thing I was thinking about is I wonder how these tests will hold up to freezing. A lot, if not most, people have outdoor mailboxes. It won’t take long for the liquid to freeze in the northern states.

2 Likes

Yeah, my insurance (which is generally excellent) requires a form for reimbursement. Annoying, but they didn’t have much time to set it up, I guess.

2 Likes

Just a spinning cursor now

Give it another try. Just ordered some for one of the many non-internet-savvy inlaws and had zero issues.

3 Likes

I was able to order too

6 Likes

And, of course, it showed up today after all. Delivered via UPS instead of Amazon delivery as the order tracking showed.

Bonus Amazon delivery was here too, for something else. They’re here way to often, but I suppose that’s really my fault.

Double bonus, ordered the free ones too. We’ll have enough if someone needs to use two a few days apart.

1 Like

Saw an article- ppl in apartments and other multi-family units are having particular issues.

4 Likes

And on top of that there are a number of companies that can’t get their RAT’s approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA our equivalent of the US FDA) even though Scotty From Marketing keeps saying “But the TGA can approve them in as little as 3 days”.

Some of these companies have been waiting 6 months.

2 Likes

I was a little off on my prediction. My favorite local Facebook group just informed me that Biden’s tests are made in China and the swab will give you covid.

I should have seen that coming.

4 Likes

Haven’t you noticed that only people who get tested end up with a verified positive case of Covid…?

5 Likes

Not necessarily. Sometimes it comes to light in an autopsy.

2 Likes

OMG, you’re right, they’re right, how could I be so stupid?

So these RINOs are admitting that COVID actually exists?

Same here; I had no issues.

4 Likes

Here in the UK there are a number of different tests being supplied, all slightly different, all made in China. Apparently they have all been tested and approved by the NHS - which has put it’s brand on the boxes - so oh well.

And as said above, not even the rancid clown and his coterie has managed to screw that up.

And the US is just giving four tests for a family? Here it is at least a pack of seven - some times it is twenty - no charge, no limit that I’ve seen.

It would be great if these at-home tests kick-start a culture of testing in the country, but in addition to that culture you need a way for people to get tested for free every time they’ve been in a situation where they think they might have been exposed. In my town I can walk to a local park, get tested for free at state expense, and have the results by the next day at the latest. No limits on how often I can get tested. This is a fantastic program of a sort that makes more sense than a small number of free tests.

2 Likes

They shouldn’t ask him. Everyone knows that Scotty doesn’t know…

2 Likes

They also know that even though he has no idea what he’s talking about, on any subject whatsoever, he also always has an authoritative-sounding definitive answer (which isn’t just wrong, it complete bullshit).

They don’t care that it’s wrong, or that everyone knows that it’s wrong, they just need something to put on the 6pm bulletin and that they can use in followup pieces afterwards pointing out that everything he says is bullshit and why does anyone even listen to him? (I’m looking at you Michelle Grattan. I mean, it’s true, but some more real-time fact-checking wouldn’t go astray either.)

Fuck, man. I just had this situation this afternoon with my twins. Both have runny noses and are sneezing. We have two tests left. I decided to test the most symptomatic kid first, and if positive, not test the other and assume they were positive as well. The most symptomatic one was negative, so I saved the other test for if we really need it.

Now, what does “really need it” mean? I’m not sure yet.

3 Likes