"Get Lucky" but with the beats reversed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/25/get-lucky-but-with-the-bea.html

2 Likes

Better than the original!

1 Like

Yes, those captions really are gold. They add an enormous amount to what is already quite an amusing surreal experience.

4 Likes

The guy who did this, well his videos seem to have changed over the years but he recently made this very significant announcement on his YouTube channel.

6 Likes

I did this with some of my tunes to get new ideas in the late 80s, although I only reversed MIDI notes and not voice or recorded audio (all tracks were instrumental though) because devices with similar slicing capabilities either didn’t exist or were extremely expensive back then.

1 Like

Beware viewers, you’ll be RockRilled!

5 Likes

You could have covered that with a spoiler blur!

Not too late to go and edit it to put one in. :wink:

3 Likes

Bars, not beats.

I expected to hear that the percussion track had been isolated and manipulated, leaving the harmonic components untouched, which would have been a neat if no longer impossible feat of DSP…

I wasn’t sure what I thought I would hear, but I didn’t notice anything wrong at first. It’s probably because I don’t listen to much Daft Punk.

I think I was expecting something like the challenges that Ophidian did a couple of years ago, taking sounds and turning them into something different.

1 Like

1 Like

Good advice, thanks.

1 Like

Just to give you “The Roller” a sense of satisfaction I “The Rolled” was in 30sec before I got it :hot_face:

2 Likes

This would be awesome with an edit to match the delightfully weird Peter Serafinowicz version of the music video for this track.

2 Likes

Great. This makes it even harder for white people to figure out what beat to clap on.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.