Gil Gerard joins another TV show about an astronaut who returns home centuries late

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/08/gil-gerard-joins-another-tv-sh.html

3 Likes

Meanwhile I’m still waiting for Spin by Robert Charles Wilson and at least a dozen other twin paradox stories from SF literature to be adapted to the screen.

1 Like

Twiki giving Buck some 25th century disco biscuits. Nice.

If the new show’s pilot doesn’t feature sexee laydeez, I am disappoint.

5 Likes

10 Likes

i watched the 80s Buck Rogers in its original airing, and i was in the prime demographic for the show. i will admit that it was “fantastical,” but it sure wasn’t “fantastic.”

8 Likes

As I recall, Gerard was also good in the film "Some Of My Best Friends Are … ", co-starring Fannie Flagg and Candy Darling.

2 Likes

I was hoping you meant Phil Gerard, played by the great Barry Morse.

2 Likes

Oh, spin… what a fabulous book. Not read the sequels.

That is all.

1 Like

It is a bummer that the clip doesn’t feature Erin Gray. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Didn’t realize until recently that this is what this Queen song is all about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8kGMfXaFU

If you got transported 472 years into the future you would be (a) comically short compared to everyone else, and (b) unable to understand a word anyone said.

1 Like

Is she like, Vanessa Williams beautiful, or Toni Braxton beautiful or Pamela Anderson beautiful, or is she Erin Gray, second season of ‘Buck Rogers’ beautiful?

Chef - South Park, “Tom’s Rhinoplasty” Season 1, Episode 11

2 Likes

I’ve met her a couple of times at comicons in her professional capacity. She’s now a very accomplished rep/agent for a lot of the SFF celebrities who make personal appearances at the conventions.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The status of “Buck” Rogers, copyright/trademark…

and let’s not forget Princess Ardala.

I guess # Samantha Gray Hissong (Erin Grays daughter) could fit in someplace…

1 Like

Came here for ‘bidibidibidi’.

Leaving satisfied, many thanks :wink:.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.