Gitmo prisoner who published critically-acclaimed memoir won't be allowed to read his own book at Gitmo

[Permalink]

Well, if he reads it … who knows WHAT ideas he might get?
'#bettersafethansorry
'#thinkofthechildren

5 Likes

FTFA:

“Books are provided as a means of intellectual stimulation. All titles available are culturally sensitive, non-extremist in nature and generally non-controversial.”

Methinks that Capt. Gresback has no freaking clue what ‘intellectual stimulation’ means. I also think that a library full of 19,000 culturally sensitive, non-extremist and generally non-controversial Reader’s Digests sounds like it’s own special kind of hell, and an exquisitely refined form of torture.

7 Likes

If this nations survives the present onslaught of its’ MIC oligarchy the Bush/Cheney years will be seen as the most shameful since the days of slavery and the Obama administration has continued to use the same unAmerican practices despite his promise to bring transparency to the government under his watch.

1 Like

Yeah; Reader’s Digest is chock full of stories about how people were saved by god, or how your pancreas works. When I was a kid, way before publications were more careful about this, they ran a story about a serial bomber, describing in surprising detail how he made the detonator with a pen body and primers. Good times.

1 Like

Why would he want to read his own book? That’s just dumb. He wrote it. Also, why would the other guys want to read it? He can just tell them the story. I’ll bet the camp guards are protecting him from the other inmates. He probably wrote things about them that weren’t too flattering, so they might want to rough him up.

Plus everybody knows there’s no freedom of expression in God-less, Communist Cuba.

Makes sense to me. If we allow him access to his book, he could make a fortune selling autographed copies. Surely, we don’t want prisoners to profit from their experiences, do we?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.