"Give Us A Klu" trivia team wore KKK outfits to fundraiser

Originally published at: "Give Us A Klu" trivia team wore KKK outfits to fundraiser | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Wow, so bloody Klu-less!

10 Likes

They definitely need a clue and massive humiliation. Hmm… Just looked in the dictionary definition of assholes. Yep there they are.

6 Likes

Not that this is the most important aspect or the stupidest part of your enterprise, but guys… it’s “Ku”, not “Klu”.

10 Likes

It’s like here in Brazil that Tokyo Revengers cosplayers says that the swastikas where because “buddism” and the Boys’ Stormfront cosplayers.

As we says here, this is a case where we should get and hit them till the swastikas became windvanes

4 Likes

I don’t think Una Stubbs or Lionel Blair would approve.

4 Likes

Maybe people in NZ aren’t as familiar with the klan and that’s why they weren’t given the boot?

1 Like

0_0

When I was in Quiz Bowl we did often pick a theme and alter our name tags accordingly. Greek gods, Shakespearean characters, etc. Never thought to go as racist assholes. :man_shrugging: I mean seriously, WTF?

You’re right. I went to google it to see if there were alternative spellings, and there are a lot of examples of reputable news sites, museums, education, and government sites, where “Klu” being used. I don’t know if there used to be more than one spelling, or if people just get it wrong all the time. I don’t want to spend more then a minute looking into it. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I’m not a kiwi, but growing up in Germany everyone knew what the KKK looked like and what they stood for. I can’t imagine it’s different in any other western nation.

10 Likes

So they were drunk when they came up with the idea, drunk when they bought the materials for the costumes, drunk when they made the costumes, drunk when they arrived and drunk while they participated, and at no point in between did they sober up and realise that this is not the best idea? Sure.

13 Likes

Unknown

(I know it’s Australia but it also looks like the NZ flag.)

1 Like

The apology also referred to the consumption of alcohol and “impaired judgement”.

So, their judgement was impaired from the time they decided to attend the fundraiser wearing the hoods, while they were making/purchasing the hoods, while traveling to the fundraiser, and while donning the hoods?

3 Likes

Exactly. I’ve been drunk, but never “found myself and my friends accidentally wearing the uniforms of a white supremacy terrorist group” drunk. That’s not a thing.

7 Likes

Sounds like sorry-not-sorrys all around.

3 Likes

They should have gone with creepy Jeff Bridges (“CLU”) from Tron: Legacy
clu-tron-legacy

1 Like

In vino veritas

3 Likes

I used to live about 30 min drive from there. Believe me, they know.

This is one of those “just joking” things that nobody should have to put up with.

9 Likes

Well that’s quite the followup to the blackface parade float.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.