Global food prices are becoming dramatically more expensive

The roots of Libertarian ideology have deep, poisonous roots.

I think it’s harsh enough to say that despite all efforts economics continues to have shit takes available in full coverage, and leave philosophers out of the blond Greene things as if being mid-tier or MVP-proximal optimization wasn’t the problem. (Or, maybe toxoplasmosis has feelings and mid-tier algae applied social science is valid AF.)

PsiPhiGrrrl> We shouldn’t expect those goods to cost less in the future, either.

Not that I’m harvesting pine nuts free as a vaycay thing anywhere, no.
I mean, I should think there’d be more breakage between the costs of skim milk, whole, and vegetable milks, so I would. We haven’t even had that egg progress simulator game turn horribly real (the $4.2Qn egg) or an urban chicken (read: rooster) that makes noise and plushies like a red panda, or quantum military food escalations much yet. High-orbit medium-smoke recoverable brunch FTW. That hydrogen-powered seaweed cattle (water buffalo?) feed supplement teleportation engine for enfranchising the Turk? WCGW, it’s food?

3 Likes

As recently illustrated:

3 Likes

Higher food prices drive political instability. One of the contributing factors to the Arab Spring of 2011 was higher grain prices.

When you can’t afford to feed your family, you do start to think about overturning the order that is supposed to protect it. Especially if violence is the only way to remove the government, as opposed to expressing one’s dissatisfaction at the ballot box.

That this would be an issue in the US is a sign of how deeply flawed and inhumane our system is.
Remember this?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.