God damn you 2020

This gave me a flashback to an experience I once had at a TGI Friday’s. Went out for happy hour with co-workers who picked the place, and we sat in the back where the lighting was dim. I ordered a specialty cocktail from the menu - some new theme drink I’d never heard of before. My first sip seemed grainy - like it was made from a mix that wasn’t blended well. The second sip just seemed more bitter than sweet and still grainy.

So, I held the glass up to the light, and was horrified to see what looked like a suspension from chemistry class. I could see lipstick on the rim, as well as cigarette butts and liquids of various colors inside. Lucky for my co-workers, I have a strong stomach. :nauseated_face: The server and the manager both apologized. They didn’t bill me for anything, and offered me another “free” drink - which I declined.

I was told they made a practice of pouring what was left in other glasses at the bar into a large one, and I was served that one by mistake. Never went in there again, and told that story often to people who talked about eating there.

19 Likes