God damn you 2020

29 Likes

No, 2020, fuck you, no!

21 Likes

All the data will go into a database for the obvious query needs of researchers. At some point, due to amount and type of data, the database will undergo a transformation similar to a sun collapsing into a black hole. At this time it will self-name itself Skynet as a little pop cultural jab at the former occupants of earth.

10 Likes

Me going into 2020:

Me now:

6 Likes

Where is ā€œGoogle redesigns Gmailā€ on my 2020 Bingo card?

9 Likes

Never curse God.

10 Likes

Chalk up another icon

12 Likes

In apocalyptic 2020, God curses you.

14 Likes

If god canā€™t stand a little gentle ribbing, given that it is an omnipotent, all powerful beingā€¦ And also the phrase is not cursing god, itā€™s asking god to curse this yearā€¦ :woman_shrugging: Which I think thatā€™s pretty fucking fair, considering this yearā€¦

18 Likes

But thereā€™s so many gods youā€™d think somebody around here would be pedantic enough to name which one they mean.

Unless an All Gods Are Valid/No Gods Are Valid quantum mechanics thing? Thatā€™d be weird.

18 Likes

Given the context, Iā€™m going to assume the Abrahamic one? But probably most of them are what Tori is referring to in this songā€¦

I guess some people embrace that notion, pretty much most modern pantheists? Or at least they are willing to acknowledge a world where multiple forms of belief exist and are valid paths to enlightenment, etc?

16 Likes

But Dinosaurs seem so plausibleā€¦

(Extra Like for Tori Amos)

15 Likes

Donā€™t they though!

Tori should get all the extra likesā€¦ Oh, this is a good one, too:

Muhammad, my friend, itā€™s time to tell the world
We both know it was a girl back in Bethlehem
And on that fateful day when she was crucified
She wore Shiseido Red and we drank tea by her side

18 Likes

Global Standard Deity.

10 Likes
11 Likes

Our love
Our love
Our love is all we have
Our love
Our love is all of Godā€™s money
Everyone is a burning sun

[ETA] This is more Jesus specificā€¦

ā€œI havenā€™t made love in a while.
Itā€™s the best way to make a child,ā€
said Jesus to the disciples. He then further said, ā€œIf you canā€™t shift this crate of Brillo pads by Friday, vengeance will be mine!ā€

11 Likes

15 Likes
11 Likes

Iā€™ve joked about starting a new religion so we can buy an old church with tax breaks. Itā€™s Disorganized Religion, because Our Pantheon is Messy.
So:
Gods are Messy, therefore real. If gods are real, they are valid/invalid (depending on how rational your brain is.)

11 Likes