God damn you 2020

It is important foe Joe to try and work with the other side.

Then say: Now is the time when we move on to the part where we have the votes. Thanks for your thoughts on this issue.

18 Likes
6 Likes

Fuck no, opinion from the Independent…

8 Likes

It’s not like quantitative history wasn’t a thing before him and very much being engaged in by historians, not STEM bros who think because they master one field they master them all.

Edit: removed the bell jar comment because that was in reference to a metaphor I had previously read past

5 Likes

Right? Like I said, the use of data and number crunching can be quite useful for historians, depending on what they are doing. But yeah, it’s not some fucking revelation. :woman_shrugging: Assholes.

9 Likes

Less on topic but still indicative of the journo’s familiarity with the topic they’re writing about:

Historians read books, letters, and other texts. Occasionally, if they are archaeologically inclined, they dig up potsherds and coins.

History and archaeology are two distinct fields! They are intimately connected but so are biology and medicine and yet you don’t see biologists doing surgery.

7 Likes

Right? Certainly, aligned fields, and there is cross over, but you’re right he’s just conflating the two. Unfortunately common in the public imagination, too.

6 Likes

I’m ok with the idea of adding a public option as a transition to M4A. As many people have pointed out, that would allow vulnerable people to get into the system and assure a smoother, uninterrupted transfer for people whose lives and wellbeing require no gap in coverage.

11 Likes

Me too. I think if done right, it will be popular and there will be even more demand for M4A.

11 Likes

This is why the right will fight a public option. They know that it will inevitably lead to M4A.

13 Likes
7 Likes

Already, Arizona is considered the hottest state in the U.S., and Phoenix the hottest city, with more than 140 days over 100 degrees Fahrenheit last year alone.

I think this was true of Tucson as well, and way, way more days than that over 95°. Moreover, the critical monsoon rains failed completely, and there’s not much hope for next year either.

8 Likes

I know it’s a cliche, but you are more than welcome to a few tons of our fresh, free range mud. The best presents I received this year were a pair of duck boots that are each larger than a duck, and a pair of soccer cleats for when we get back to normal levels of mud.

1 Like
6 Likes

I recommend reading the whole thread.

12 Likes
10 Likes
4 Likes

Shotgun targeting feet once again.

8 Likes
9 Likes

ouran-HS-host-club-haruhi-mad

10 Likes