Good deal on an Arduino clone starter kit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/24/good-deal-on-an-arduino-clone.html

2 Likes

No arguements here. :slight_smile: If you don’t have an arduino and you’ve pondered getting one, this is a good way to do it.

There are bigger boards with more I/O you can get later and there are more kits with different things you can learn to hook to your boards, but you can get them later. Start here.

2 Likes

This is the one I got our daughter for Christmas because we always joked about building a robot. I bought some additional servos (one is included) and we actually succeeded in building it, so yeah, this is a great kit.

2 Likes

I have this kit; it works ‘well enough’ to do stuff. the Arduino is a Uno R3 clone and is pin-compatible with shields for that platform. The official Arduino IDE will play happily with this device as well. It’s an excellent starter kit for not a whole lot of outlay.(it’s also prime eligible if you have that.)

2 Likes

Will it clone a sheep?

1 Like

I’m getting $34.99 as the price, seven hours after Mark posted this. Amazon’s pricing algorithm has me pegged for a sucker. :lollipop:

1 Like

That’s a good price for just the extra stuff.

It isn’t you. So sad though. (I’ve never linked these… hope you can see the historic price chart)

1 Like

Thanks for linking that. Even at $34.99 it was cheaper on Amazon than other sites I checked at the same time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.