Google, Facebook, Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft join forces to protect humans from robots

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/29/ai-yi-yi.html

When the robots win, we’ll have to listen to techno.

3 Likes

Google, Facebook, Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft join forces to protect humans from robots

Rather, it sounds very much to me like a PR move to protect humans from the wrong ideas about robots.

I always say, we don’t need sophisticated, tricksy AI to make anyone miserable – all we need is any old boring algorithm that happens to look trustworthy.

2 Likes

I imagine if robots win they’ll give us our own personal hell of music, because some might like techno. Or silence, because any sort of cultural activity that might be even the slightest bit enjoyable will be outlawed.

1 Like

I’m on board with that. I’m not exactly in the mood for Mozart and all that kind of goings on.

(Actually like Mozart too.)

1 Like

Maybe their AIs all got together and forced them into it. Anyone remember “Colossus, The Forbin Project”, a movie (based on a book) where the US AI and the Russian AI joined forces to become a “benevolent” dictatorship?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.