Google, Facebook and Microsoft were the top sponsors of a conference that featured climate change denial kooks

'Denity Crisis written by Christopher Durang

You remember how in the second act Tinkerbell drinks some poison that peter is about to drink in order to save him? And then Peter turns to the audience and he says that “Tinkerbell is going to die because not enough people believe in fairies. But if all of you clap your hands real hard to show that you do believe in fairies, maybe she won’t die.” So, we all started to clap. I clapped so long and so hard that my palms hurt and they even started to bleed I clapped so hard. Then suddenly the actress playing peter pan turned to the audience and she said, “That wasn’t enough. You did not clap hard enough. Tinkerbell is dead.” And then we all started to cry. The actress stomped off stage and refused to continue with the production. They finally had to lower the curtain. The ushers had to come help us out of the aisles and into the street. I don’t think that any of us were ever the same after that experience. It certainly turned me against theatre. And even more damagingly, I think it’s warped my total sense of life. I mean nothing seems worth trying if Tinkerbell is just going to die.

2 Likes

I assume they figure that if they and their children are wealthy enough, they’ll be able to afford mercenaries and a warm private island in what was once the Arctic circle.

3 Likes

1 Like

They were not played. They were playing along. Disaster capitalism generates mega-bucks. And they think they have enough wealth to weather whatever problems might crop up. Also, the huge corporations are essentially sociopaths and could care less.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ztsamudzi/status/1088497878467657729?s=21

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.