Google Pixel 8a comes in abandoned house bathroom green

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/10/google-pixel-8a-comes-in-abandoned-house-bathroom-green.html

3 Likes

I would love this camera— w/o the AI features.

3 Likes

They seem to be making a very big deal of this green colour in their marketing. Do they not realise everyone is going to cover it with a protective case as soon as they take it out of the box?

3 Likes

Ah AI cameras. I love them. One of them on a rival fruit themed phone just melded me and my Pomeranian in a selfie on the patio. I have a fetching orange furred forearm….

8 Likes

Unfortunately, you need eleventy fingers to operate it.

9 Likes

Ein Traum in popelgrün!

1 Like

I just want a shorter form factor with as good of a camera as the P7Pro. I miss my P5 size!

AI, tho…le sigh. So tired of everything trying to predict what I (don’t) want.

2 Likes

This phone is the same color as my first car, a 1961 Chevy Bel Aire. I bought it for $75 from a mechanic who worked for my dad.

Also, too. We have a powder room in our house, built in 1945, that has wall tiles just a shade darker than this. I wanted to gut it, but my wife wanted it restored to its 1945 glory. Guess who won that one.

4 Likes

That color appears to be ‘seafoam green’, popular in the color iteration just before Harvest Gold et. al. along with pink and aqua. I worked for a while at Delco Air, and the color was called ‘Frigidaire green’ in honor of Delco’s predecessor.

2 Likes

Google is calling it “aloe.”

It’s also available in “obsidian” (black), “porcelain” (tan), and “bay” (light blue).

2 Likes

Would your case be clear yellow ombre? Or maybe decrepit brickwork and kudzu? Can I encourage you to get over-edge infaced solar (on your phone back?)

1 Like

Now there is a combination of camera and onboard storage capacity that can only be explained by a vendor with an eye on their cloud services numbers…

1 Like

The Pixel 6a came in a slightly more muted green, which still looks like a bathroom tile:
google-pixel-6a-sage
Although the top strip is a lighter colour for some reason?
I’ve never bothered with a phone case, and never managed to break one either.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.