Google will now delete your account activity on a rolling basis

Actually, we can.

All you have to do is commit a crime whose motive could be established by examining your Google searches which you’ve directed Google to delete. If a warrant issued to Google turns up those searches you supposedly deleted, then Google isn’t really deleting them.

You’ll just have to risk untold jail time to find out.

3 Likes

Given that it comes right after Congress started really heavily and publicly looking into the matter I’m guessing it is an attempt to slide away from regulatory oversight more than anything else.

3 Likes

Might be too late for them, although by rolling this out Google is trying to frame the legislation and ground it in practises like this:

1 Like

The fact that they are still looking into this after the Europeans have implemented the GDPA and the new (terrible) copyright standards means they are lagging. The USA is still one of the largest markets on the planet, but for companies like Google it’s dropping in relevance.

It’s pretty mind-numbing, to think of the size Google is working at, the amount of data it moves back and forth, what it stores where, and so on. I find my own meat brain unable to truly grasp it at times.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.