Google's AI thinks this turtle is a rifle

We can only hope.

1 Like

Of course, because shells.

4 Likes

16 Likes

If the turtle wants to identify as a rifle then we have to respect that. What pronoun does it prefer?

5 Likes

Now I see that my business plan to smuggle rifles disguised as turtles was probably a poor idea.

Yeah, but they’ll think they’re picking potatoes…

5 Likes

Probably hiding a rifle under its shell. They’ve been planning to take over all along, I tell you!

So that’s why they won’t turn it over.

6 Likes

You can do it with real intelligences too…

Probably the only difference is we do not run an exact algorithm that we can examine in detail to set up our adversarial perturbation.

9 Likes

But we do know enough about how our own perception systems work to be able to design inputs that reliably trick or mislead them. e.g. Optical illusions, slight of hand, magic tricks. So it’s quite similar to what’s going on with these AI systems.

3 Likes

Those Martians had YEARS to blast out that statue.

At Area 51 they tuck away spy planes every hour to hide them from spy satellites.

We can make a computer think a turtle is a gun, but we still can’t cure the common cold.

I guess we’ll be glad for this new technology when the AI super demon tries to take over the world using 3D printed turtle models.

1 Like

I see some ideas for digital camouflage. Gibson suddenly sounds very preconscious again, with his idea of a garment turning people invisible on surveillance footage.

2 Likes

Okay, but, is it?

1 Like

They’ve cleverly hidden the fire button.

5 Likes

While this direction is somewhat interesting, what about the other direction?

Being able to create weapons that pass automated security is a bit more disturbing.
Analysis: 4 masked men just entered the bank carrying turtles.

4 Likes

How trippy! Bring back Google glass and program it to show us what the world looks like to our intellectual superiors.

1 Like

I have to say, this is turtley cool!

Great. One more thing to be hacked in unpredictable ways.

i’m sorry, but just for my own well-being, could a boinger replace all instances of preturbation to pertubate. thanks.

1 Like

Classication is difficult.