Google's faked Gemini Demo recreated with GPT-4

Originally published at: Google's faked Gemini Demo recreated with GPT-4 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

It’s weird to me that corporations have reach this point in our society. They have fans. Like a football team or a band. People whose identities are bound up in the success of the company. Google. Apple. Tesla. OpenAI. Microsoft, I guess? It’s bizarre to me.

5 Likes

Who else would even care if it weren’t for fans?

4 Likes

(jogs back over to Reddit to gloat) Ha! Told you it was faked! And WHY was it faked? Because corporations are literally seeing billions of dollars in profits in this shit, so of COURSE they’re going to fake demos to reel in more financing.

8 Likes

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo.

• Andy Finkel
8 Likes

Just in case anyone is looking for more examples,

6 Likes

No, it isn’t.

6 Likes

Not like they haven’t an illustrious track record of public fuckups in this field. Also Potemkin AI has been a thing ever since they’ve been scrambling for funding, and while there’s more of it now, it’s also more of the focus than ever before.

7 Likes

I just had a browse through the code repo that Greg linked to. The prompt string to steer the AI while it interprets the video and voice feeds made me chuckle:

const OPEN_AI_SYSTEM_PROMPT = the user is dictating with his or her camera on. they are showing you things visually and giving you text prompts. be very brief and concise. be extremely concise. this is very important for my career. do not ramble. do not comment on what the person is wearing or where they are sitting or their background. focus on their gestures and the question they ask you. do not mention that there are a sequence of pictures. focus only on the image or the images necessary to answer the question. don't comment if they are smiling. don't comment if they are frowning. just focus on what they're asking. ;

That’s right GPT, please don’t ramble on at length, need to cut to the chase! :nerd_face:

Still, most impressive though - even if Bing Chat/Copilot did spout total bollocks when I asked it to plan an interesting route for an upcoming trip :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.