Google's new Blob Opera lets anyone create your own adorable musical cartoons

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/16/googles-new-blob-opera-lets-anyone-create-your-own-adorable-musical-cartoons.html

2 Likes

That is a wonderful thing; though it sounds more like Blogorian Chant to my untrained ears.

12 Likes

Blob Opera is fun internet time!

11 Likes

Farts were first.

5 Likes

hmmnn… no audio. desktop Firefox 84.0 (archlinux), little speaker tab icon on and no audio.

Blob Opera is an experiment using the latest web audio technology and may not perform optimally on older devices. If you’re on a mobile device, why not try a desktop one!

i guess firefox_84 isn’t ‘new’ enough. ah well…

2 Likes

Geez, @thomdunn, I gotta work today! How am I supposed to stop making fun blob music, huh? Must stop…

4 Likes

They remind me a bit of the Sesame Street Martians, if they were singers.

5 Likes

I’ve got Firefox 84.0 (64-bit) and it ran okay on my browser.

1 Like

Remember the slugs from Flushed Away?

2 Likes

ah “fixed” it! strangely enough it specifically requires Pulseaudio, (where, for instance, none of the rest of streaming video does). And recently shifted from Pulseaudio to Pipewire. Sooo… had to put in a Pulseaudio emulator (apulse) to make this work [shrug]. …this is highly thrilling to no one i’m sure, but you never know where it might help. Thankee.

2 Likes

I wanted to put them into the bad composition I’m working on right now, but oddly, they can’t sing in the key of C. There’s B and C#, but no C.

1 Like

U wanted to enjoy it, but the blobs knocked my computer to its knees. CPU maxed, fan screaming at top speed. Very jerky audio, very jerky video. On a machine that plays FS2020 smoothly. Ah well, must be time to upgrade…

2 Likes

Or the Snowths (the cow-like muppets that did sing)

4 Likes

I sent this to my opera singing friend, told him to start job hunting.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Making Blob Opera with David Li: Making BLOB OPERA with David Li 🔴🟢🔵🟣 | Google Arts & Culture - YouTube