Grab your popcorn; the next Avatar movie will be three hours long

I’m warming up my 8-track for the Audio-Book.

4 Likes
6 Likes

The first one didn’t really grab me. It was okay- nothing special. This will be a streaming movie for me.

3 Likes

The Way of Water is to hold it…

3 Likes

Oh, the jumping scene! He jumped off an alien pterosaur onto a bigger alien pterosaur. See, none of the natives had ever thought to try that before. US Marines, baby!

…Almost everything I remember about that movie is because I thought it was silly. The rest is the alien plants, which they needed way more of. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Which is why I bought a big beautiful screen and watch only at home now. With captions on, and the remote nearby for easy breaks.
The last time I went to a movie theater I had to rip napkins and stuff them in my ears to save my hearing from speakers turned up for the hard-of-hearing, I guess.

1 Like

Is it really? … or was it more about appeasing Schwarzeneggar by recasting him as a “good guy,” while showing off a new FX technology regardless of whether it made any sense :robot:

2 Likes

It’s also where Linda Hamilton gets to be extremely badass, and earn a more hopeful ending (before subsequent movies threw that away). I think sometimes people forget she’s the main character. I really liked it, anyway.

5 Likes

With a property like The Terminator, every sequel has to begin by undoing the victory at the end of the last film—otherwise there is no more story

Each one can work or not work by itself, but sum it all together and it cancels out into noise

I’m not very confident Avatar will be worth 3 hours of my time, but I’ll probably give it a shot when its streaming for “free” on Disney+

But while were playing the name excellent long movies game. One of my all time favourites. And a long one.

4 Likes

Since we’re doing this:

Fantastic movie, crazy fractal narrative, so much fun.

1 Like

One of my very favorites.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.