Grand Theft Auto VI announced. Yes, really.

Originally published at: Grand Theft Auto VI announced. Yes, really. | Boing Boing

1 Like

And I wonder, still I wonder, who’ll stop the train?

5 Likes

Sometimes on a cold windless night you can still hear Big Smoke yelling, “all we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!”.

7 Likes

Gosh, was the game that made 8 billion dollars going to get a sequel? I was on tenterhooks waiting to find out!

6 Likes

“These experiences” being announcements and trailers.

well, this is exciting enough. Unlike some other big game companies (ahem bethesda), GTA3, 4, 5, Red Dead Redemption and RDR2 (and I suppose GTA online and RDR online?) are all solidly fun and well-crafted AAA games.

Since there’s rumor GTA6 will take place in Not Not Florida I can’t wait to see how they skewer MAGA and Florida Man.

1 Like

So let me get this straight. They announced that they’re going to release a trailer. Not the game, but a trailer for the game. And they didn’t even give a date for that. Just “sometime next year.” I would suggest not holding your breath waiting for the actual game. This is like how the film industry now releases teasers for trailers. Pretty soon, we’re going to have teasers for trailers for teasers for trailers of the actual thing. Gotta drag out that anticipation to maximize its effect, I guess.

1 Like
6 Likes

In 1998, Rockstar Games was founded on the idea that video games could come to be as essential to culture as any other form of entertainment, and we hope that we have created games you love in our efforts to be part of that evolution.

No it wasn’t. It was founded on the premise that stealing cars and running all sorts of criminal missions could be fun, and built that idea upon a very close look alike to one of my favorite old arcade games, Spy Hunter. Which, yeah, it was kind of fun, and the follow ups have been, too (not the online versions mind you, where you get killed every two seconds by randos in clown costumes driving a tank).

Grand Theft Auto is, bar none, the single most popular franchise in gaming

I’m not sure what your criteria is, but for most possible measures I suspect there’s an Italo-Japanese plumber who might take umbrage.

2 Likes

The GTA community was melting down last month, because they’d convinced themselves that GTA6 was going to be announced in October, and were going to increasingly bizarre lengths to ‘prove’ it by over-analysing any communication that came out of Rockstar:

I’m still waiting for GTA:London to get a followup :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.