Gray kitty freezes in terror for 40 seconds when he sees his cute reflection for the first time (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/10/gray-kitty-freezes-in-terror-for-40-seconds-when-he-sees-his-cute-reflection-for-the-first-time-video.html

11 Likes

This is me when I first go into the bathroom in the morning.

14 Likes

Kitty (all puffed out): “Look at that loser! Thinks he’s so huge! So buff!”

2 Likes

Same sound, too?

2 Likes

That depends what I had to eat the night before.

7 Likes

I love how the kitten didn’t flinch when its owner touched the kitten’s back. Full red alert & battle readiness was maintained. :military_helmet: :rotating_light:

This was the lift I needed today.

3 Likes

I think it’s mean to traumatize a poor kitten like that, and it seems to be a huge betrayal of trust as well. I guess he can use these skills later on if he ever becomes a parent.

I still love what my kitten did the first time she saw a mirror.

It was a full length one on an open door. She saw her reflection and immediately ran around it to play with the kitten on the other side.

8 Likes

I was a “cat dad” for a litter of kittens & I can say that at that age they go to “full battlestations” at the drop of a hat.

I don’t see any harm here. After the excitement, one rewards the kitten with skrittches and they’re fine.

4 Likes

Wonderful

2 Likes

“Does not compute.”

3 Likes

Traumatized? Much more instinctively alarmed than traumatized. Also, I’d expect kitties to be randomly exposed to their own reflections anyway, so, if anything, this was a good lesson for kitty.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.