Great price on the 6-quart instant pot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/10/great-price-on-the-6-quart-ins.html

2 Likes

It has a Porridge setting? That intrigues me.

it has a half-dozen settings I keep meaning to try: porridge, yogurt, congee, even fermented sticky rice. Mine usually gets used for hard boiled eggs.

1 Like

Nice, i personally don’t need one but i shared the link :slight_smile:

I cook at least five days a week, but at least 4 of those days fall on workdays (yes well, the BBS never stops and all that, so fine, Day Job™ work days!) and I don’t have time to spend more than 30-45 minutes cooking (again, see: BBS and BB and dayjob). The instant pot (and sousvide) have both been instrumental in having something yummy available on those days - whether it’s rice cooked hands-off in 15 minutes to go with a stirffry, or the entire meal cooked in there.

Most of the features just provide timing versus actually changing how the instant pot cooks. It is a pressure cooker with a timer, essentially. It cooks at a lower PSI than a stovetop pressure cooker, so you need to have a recipe that is specifically for it, but thankfully there are a bazillion of those now.

If, like me, you need quick easy dishes (or portions of dishes) so you can make something during the week, then I think you’ll be a fan.

2 Likes

Does all the electric pressure cooker have this particular characteristic?

Yes, but the instant pot is higher PSI than most multi cookers.

That being said, the instant pot max has a much higher PSI, almost equalling stovetop (to the point that you don’t need to adjust recipes) but costs more.

1 Like

Thanks. Muito obrigado.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.