Instant Pot Ultra 6 Quart electric pressure cooker on sale

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/27/instant-pot-ultra-6-quart-elec.html

My old crock pot would get jealous, and I can’t live with that.

inigio_montoya_instant_pot

We have a smaller one and gets used all the time. It’s earned a space on my limited space counter top.

Electronic pressure cookers are great. Instant Pot has great branding but there are better models. I love my Fagor.

I bought my mom and a cousin a Nesco one, sadly that model was discontinued but it’s amazing and gets used on the regular. I have heard that Fagor made good electric pressure cookers

Great price on a really useful tool. I use mine for hardboiled eggs (quick, easy, shells pop right off), rice, and dried beans (cook in about 20 mins) all the time. I hear it makes great yogurt but haven’t tried that yet.

My one wish for the Instant Pot is for it to come to pressure more uh, instantly. When I have it full to the top, it can take 15-20 minutes to get to high pressure and start actually cooking.

My guess is for that to be possible the device would need to be much more robust and heavy duty, Which might make it more expensive, possibly in the range of a commercial type of appliance. Not that i have a problem with that, wish more products were made that way.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.