Grifter steals dead peoples' houses in gentrifying Philadelphia by forging deed transfers, then flipping them

The primacy of ownership for absentee heirs who seemingly don’t really even know the property is perhaps officially owned by them must be defended!

The greatest injustice is these empty, abandoned, dilapidated houses being fixed up so people can live in them, taxes are paid on them, etc.

Yes, ownership. Be the owner dead. Even if they have lost track of what they own. Etc. The only important thing is ownership.

Without sticking to that our libertarian utopia is doomed!

1 Like

@Akimbo_NOT

Technically speaking he wasn’t really elected.
Not by the voters, that is.

3 Likes

This is a job for the CFPB. They’re there to help!

Y-you’re able to forget him?

Teach me your ways, Senpai.

2 Likes

It’s generally up to the true owner of the property to take action.

And yes, in the case of a deed fraud as described here, the true owners could get the new ‘owner’ turfed out and the property registers corrected.

This is often not easy or cheap.

The presumably innocent purchaser has a cause of action against the fraudster (good luck there).

1 Like

I remember that one. Quite a while ago, but yes, step-by-step wasn’t it?

I think I want to agree with you, but I’m confused by what I perceive as witty sarcasm.

As a resident of a neighborhood, my quality of life is usually improved by an abandoned house being fixed up and lived in, regardless of the provenance.

Unfortunately it happens in other countries too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.