Group of creepy clowns scare citizens of Fargo, North Dakota

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/08/group-of-creepy-clowns-scare-citizens-of-fargo-north-dakota.html

2 Likes

I believe Joe Biden indicated there was one lurking in the White House too?

10 Likes

Oh thank goodness, the clowns are back for a nice distraction, jovially causing… fear and panic. Still, it’s an improvement. Or at least better than various alternatives…

“Even if it was a practical joke, right now it probably isn’t a good time to be doing that, because there’s so much worry right now in the world,” Salonen said.

At least this particular threat isn’t real, though. Which makes for a refreshing change. Or at least I hope not…

She said clown masks and suits have been outselling classic Halloween costumes like werewolves and pirates, just based on scare factor alone.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the costumes aren’t just popular because of “It.”

…Which actually makes me wonder. Are we seeing the creation of a new type of “Proud Boy” - right-wing clown gangs paying homage to the clown-in-chief? (People who see Trump as a real-life “Joker”?) That would be peak 2020.

3 Likes

If the headline was reversed, I wouldn’t have been surprised

3 Likes

Atokad Htron, Ograf fo snezitic eracs snwolc ypeerc fo Puorg

Eh, doesn’t pack the same punch

4 Likes

Also Los Angeles. https://youtu.be/KaNHvkeQ2wE

I’m on record as believing clowns are horrifying. But yeah…I think 2020 raised the bar and creepy clowns just aren’t making the cut for terror this year.

4 Likes

Hey, at least they were wearing masks.

3 Likes

Hey, at least they were wearing pants

3 Likes

North Dakota is pretty high up there in gunowners/capita. Creepy clowns may want to reassess their pastime.

2 Likes

The You’re Wrong About podcast has a great episode on clown satanic panics. They’ve been happening for decades and always turn out to be fake.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.