Guillotine watch: Paris has become a high-risk zone for the super-rich

Unhappy for almost everyone inside or outside the impressive building. The best chance you have at a happy ending in those situations is to be a psychopath or an opportunist, and it’s only a chance.

3 Likes

Not that the robbers were likely to be starving.

(Too lazy to find a graphic with better spelling.)

1 Like

is the nutritional value of the super-rich comparable to baseline humans?

3 Likes

“amazing”?

If I wore that shirt it would be false advertising.

2 Likes

that’s more or less the only reason why I never bought this one : )

2 Likes

And then one comment above yours:

I don’t know that it’s really victim-blaming, but it’s taking a a fairly traumatic experience and making it a joke because we don’t like the victim. Whatever I might think about Kardashian and her, um, utility to society, I have to think that when she was robbed at gunpoint and tied up and gagged, she had to be wondering if she was going to be raped, murdered, who knows what? And at that point, people making jokes about it on this particular bulletin board would be gone, no question, right?

I can understand why Paris wants to crack down on that. People who aren’t rich, at least here in the US, for whatever reason fetishize rich people and their lifestyles. There’s people who want to go to Paris because they have this glamorous image in their heads of what Paris is. If people think it’s a crime-ridden shithole, they’ll be less likely to bring their money to Paris.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.