Fuerdai: Paris Hilton with Chinese characteristics

[Read the post]

There are some not-dumb nations (The Republic of Korea, for an example) who are offering second citizenships and residencies to wealthy Chinese for hard currency.

1 Like

I tried to give a shit about this, but failed miserably.

3 Likes

It’s almost like there’s such thing as too much money…

2 Likes

Compared to some of those stories, the two Apple Watches on the dog seems almost responsible.

3 Likes

Fortunately, China has a long history of peasant uprisings (ex: Yellow Turban, Li Zicheng, etc) - I can only hope I live long enough for them to Eat their Rich.

1 Like

So the chinese goverment will step in to teach them to be better rich people? Isn’t that an moxymoron?

I wonder why the author brought up Guo Meimei. She is not fuerdai. She is not a nice person but a strong argument could be made that her story shows what happens to those who aspire to join the club rather than being born into it.

He also missed a rather important point. They may be second generation wealthy but for the most part they are 100th generation powerful.

1 Like

Considering they’re generally three or four centuries apart and the last was about seventy years ago I don’t think anyone reading this will get to see one.

1 Like

Brought my camera for nothing…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.