Guns Don’t Kill Americans, Stale Bad Arguments Do

5 Likes
7 Likes

Just listened to it. Episode 4 is when it gets particularly weird and frightening.

A gun rights movement as cover for theonomy?

2 Likes

Did we have anything about the guy who blew himself up recently while making bombs? (How many arms he was left with afterwards is, AIUI, not clear in the reporting.)

In any case, it was a perfect example of why the anti-gun control “argument” that if guns were banned, mass murderers would just start using bombs is such bullshit.

Bombs that actually work, and only explode when intended, instead of when the bombmaker is tinkering with them, are not easy to make. Guns are far simpler, more efficient, and most importantly far safer for the shooters to use. Not to mention, in the US they’re all too easily available, while the ingredients for really effective bombs are not so easy to get, especially without raising any alarms.

8 Likes

Ironically, because THOSE are well-regulated.

12 Likes

The alarmingly-prescient, ever-prophetic William Gibson:

:100:
:dart:

12 Likes

14 Likes

Not sure if this is the right topic for my venting but…

My Facebook feed today, The 4th of July, is filled with this meme.

Without guns you wouldn’t be celebrating this holiday.

I keep pointing out that without guns you also wouldn’t have mass murders of 10 year olds but of course it falls on deaf years.

I’ve also been at a state campground for a few days, you can not believe the number of giant 2nd amendment flags flying.

I’d take pictures and mock them but they all have guns.

Venting over, enjoy your holiday.

9 Likes

Do they think that the Second Amendment already existed during the Revolutionary War?

It might be time to clean up your Facebook feed. You can unfollow people (even for a preset period of time) without going so far as unfriending them. It does wonders for your peace of mind.

11 Likes

It seems they also overlook that the guns in question were being used by a trained militia. The future Americans weren’t just shooting at British soldiers randomly, whenever they happened to come across a few marching around.

4 Likes
14 Likes
12 Likes

While arming kindergarten teachers is a transparently specious way to pretend more guns might help, you could for sure say they would have more interest and courage in saving the lives of children than the cops did. Teachers who have died to save their students is already a thing. :disappointed:

13 Likes

sad yes please GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

6 Likes

What to do, what to do… when the profits are so obscenely high, and regulations/enforcements are so… antithetical to living safely, peacefully, reasonably?

13 Likes

Have we had “Of course guns are bad but let’s also blame $anything_else”, like for example, not locking the doors?

It’s the sort of agreeing but actually deflecting argument.

6 Likes

We’ve done cars and video games, but doors is new!

7 Likes

As long as we don’t blame the killing sticks and toxic masculinity…

8 Likes

Toxic masculinity is because of windows, of course…/s

7 Likes

Drew Barrymore Oops GIF by NETFLIX

4 Likes