Guns N' Roses band sues Guns and Roses shop that actually sells guns... and roses

Actually, it would be Ms. Parton (or her lawyers) who would be sending the C&D. She’s alive and doesn’t have an estate.

2 Likes

Could be, but I guess the test there would be that the store has decor that made people believe that the band was somehow involved with it… All the one’s you note there the connection is made pretty obvious.

Yeah, they tore down the building that housed the very first major recording studio I think maybe in the south to build one of those monstrosities here…

3 Likes

Thinking Reaction GIF by Originals

2 Likes

Margaritaville belongs to Buffet, though. IIRC He was a business major in university, and turned his one modest hit into an entire industry, complete with hot sauces, resorts and at one point a Broadway musical. He’s made himself INSANELY wealthy with all this.

2 Likes

Rob Gardner had also been in L.A. Guns, Izzy Stradlin was in Hollywood Rose, and Duff McKagan sometimes was credited as “Rose,” but he was an early replacement.

Duff McKagan’s name might be more recognized at this point by some because of the first North American localization of Mega Man X5, in which it served as the basis for the boss named “Duff McWhalen.” The 8 stage boss names were tribute to Guns 'N Roses members, although “The Skiver” is a bit of a stretch. Capcom re-released the game with a different localization, but even with a new name Spike Rosered’s stage still looks like this at the start.
A background with very large guns with very large roses.
Yet, it was Mega Man X3 that accidentally had a track that sounded like “My Michelle.” No change was made in the latest re-release of that game (it was a bit different for an older re-release), but I haven’t heard of any legal action taken.

In Dublin, Ireland, there’s a flooring contractor named Lino Richie, don’t know if Lionel is annoyed or amused.

4 Likes

Is it just me, or is Axel being kind of … you know … a dick?

That checks out.

“Hello is it me you’re looking floor?”

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.