Guy behind that Animal Crossing sea bass joke is tired of it too

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/12/guy-behind-that-animal-crossin.html

3 Likes

It_All_Makes_Sense_Now

3 Likes

Never having played this game, at first I misread the punchline as he caught a C♯. Which I think is much funnier.

13 Likes

“. . .but I needed something to “hook” you in.”

Ugh, drop me a line when you have a better fishing pun.

1 Like

Hearing this joke previously, I thought I didn’t get it, because “sea bass” already sounds like “c-plus.” The original joke actually makes sense.

4 Likes

I’m just going to wait out Animal Crossing, counting on it having a typical internet half-life and disappearing from conversation before I have to relent and try to learn what it’s all about.

4 Likes

Just come to Stardew Valley and hang out there, instead.

2 Likes

The sea bass is the ur example of the bad animal crossing pun, as it’s probably the most common trash fish you’ll see and in the first american entry in the series the little quip made when catching it was absolutely tremendous in how awful it was: “I caught a sea bass. See? Bass.”
It wad so bad that the next entries in the series referenced how bad it was: “I caught a sea bass. Not again!”
I’m a little disappointed new horizons doesn’t reference this rich history of awful sea bass puns, but the C+ quip is a good one if only for the masterful way it conveys the sheet mediocrity of the sea bass.

1 Like

Whenever we see a big fish shadow in the ocean, the question is, “Will you enjoy your sea bass?” because they’re so common.

1 Like

The C minus would have been better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.