Guy recreates Disneyland's Fantasyland in his basement

My god…it looks like some type of post apocalyptic bomb shelter that probably has a acid pit for body disposal hidden somewhere.

1 Like

I can only hope that in a post apocalyptic wasteland, I’m stuck in a bomb shelter that looks like this:

As for body disposal… are… are you okay there, Sam? Anything you want to tell us?

2 Likes

that is really really neato

1 Like

Absolutely a Wonderful Thing. I would love to recreate a dark ride like Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride in my own basement, but it would be a very short ride. Maybe something static like the culturally appropriating Enchanted Tiki Room, instead. Or a punk version of Small World, where the puppets swear at you and flip you off as you pass by them.

4 Likes

Tiki Room & Haunted Mansion for sure!

3 Likes

My favourite part of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride was the climax where the car gets hit by a train and you go to Hell. At Disneyland. Glorious.

2 Likes

It’s amazing that it’s still there and hasn’t changed a bit. Most of it is a bog standard dark ride, and then all of a sudden a train runs you over, you’re surrounded by demons and hellfire, and the ride abruptly ends with you back in Disneyland. Beautiful.

I’ve got a tiki themed bar in my house, and my next step is to bring in some Tiki Room elements. I want to see how this guy carved and aged foam to get such convincing wood effects and try to replicate the chanting masks. For the Haunted Mansion, I just have a creepy hallway painted purple with the stretching portraits on the walls, for now. Work in progress.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.