Grandad builds miniature backyard Disneyland

[Read the post]

1 Like

The kids’ expressions suggest they disagree.

18 Likes

Sorry about your college fund, kids. Disney sued the family into bankruptcy.

P.S. You are barred from their parks for life.

12 Likes

reitred aerospace has

Aerospace what?

1 Like

The dude built rides in his own backyard, with no profit in sight, only fun for his grandchildren, and he felt the name to “Bland X” everything? Is Disney that aggressive these days?

10 Likes

Yes, I need to get some Photoshop out of my system

10 Likes

he enlisted the help of his students at California State Polytechnic University in Pomona as backup reinforcements.

As a former Cal Poly Engineering student I’m both impressed and appalled that the was able to use his students as slave labor for this project.

“He had a guy certify it as a legit roller coaster.”

I have to question that part. It seems doubtful that thing can meet all the requirements of ASTM F2291, and I don’t think that the state inspectors from DOSH would be happy with some of the unpadded ride vehicle interior surfaces and the rough, unbanked turn at the bottom of the hill that jerks the riders around so hard that their hats fall off.

(That said, the real Matterhorn ride is probably even rougher.)

The real question, though, is WHERE IS THE SECRET BASKETBALL COURT?

4 Likes

My grandfather grew up near Disneyland and all I got was this cardboard boat.

5 Likes

I saw this and I assumed it was a Chinese grandad Disneyland rip off. It’s nice to see cheapness and zero respect for intellectual property isn’t restricted to my peeps.

Needs more briefcases.

1 Like

Yeah, 'cause the kids look like they’re having the time of their lives.

1 Like

Pictured: Grandad

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.