Hands-free workbench magnification

[Permalink]

vice: bad habit, such as snorting goofballs
vise: clamp-like thingy

5 Likes

That said, it’s important to clamp-down on vices before they get the better of you.

4 Likes

or, vice versa, if you don’t get a Vise-Grip™-like grip on those vices they will get the clamp on you - either way, a good advisory and good advice

3 Likes

I bought a version with a weighted base instead of clamp from parts express for soldering. I can’t be bothered to deal with clamps for something that I use so infrequently. My experience is that clamps have a very narrow sweet spot between too loose so things go crashing down, and too tight so you leave a mark or otherwise damage the surface. Depending on how slick the surface is, the width of that sweet spot might be negative. I am sure I wouldn’t find that sweet spot in 20 seconds.

3 Likes

The way you talk about that sweet spot - you talking vices or vises?

6 Likes

You read my id. With vices I can find the sweet spot in 20 seconds flat. And then they become vises with negative width sweet spots.

1 Like

For some variants of English, anyway. :wink:

I shall surrender my vice only when they pry it from my pinched, numb fingers. Or vice versa.

4 Likes

Ah. That would be a wood vise then.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.