Hanging out with Bernie Sanders: it turns out that standing FOR something is a lot more politically important than merely standing AGAINST Trump

“We need to keep one of our guys in that seat no matter what” is exactly why Alabama is on the verge of electing a known child molester. Screw that.

6 Likes

Because promoting the bogus notion that political correctness is running amok in America serves the larger Libertarian narrative.

[I know your question was rhetorical, but thought the answer would benefit others]

5 Likes

The amusing part about Snowcrash is that it was meant to be satire. The fact there’s actual rich people who buy into that kind of stuff just shows how easily deluded we can be as people.

2 Likes

And not, I’d add, due to any real planning. It’s coming about because of delusional bumbling on the part of fools who consider themselves masterminds.

3 Likes

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/20/politics/bernie-sanders-arrest-photo/index.html

https://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/
LOL okay.

She’s a worthless neoliberal, and needs to go the hell away.

5 Likes

Michigan’s governor is a Republican. We can expect Conyers to be replaced by a Republican. There will be no consequences for our term-limited POS governor, just as there haven’t been any for him with the mass poisoning he allowed in Flint. People in Conyer’s district will be righteously pissed, but they won’t have recourse until November.

5 Likes

Boo. Booooo hissssss.

1 Like

Three cheers for Bernie!
You, ese!
You. ese!
You, ese!

1 Like

I have read the articles which perpetuate the Sander myth.

Have you read a single article which challenges your view? Which tries to dig deeper on why and how the 2016 election was decided?

Here is a selection:

What exactly are you trying to say? That Clinton is a human being? Unlike your Golden Boy who would have remained untouched by Trump’s campaign?

You have had a year to see how Trump operates, how he and his allies are breaking every rule in every book. And you still believe that the next election can be won by selecting a more “likable” candidate?

1 Like

Yeah, but you love this stuff. C’mon, you know you do…

Do you think the Trump team would like to see HRC run again in 2020, or not?

1 Like

That’s real funny there, how myths self perpetuate. The only thing I know is that Trump can’t even gather crowds as president. Not even to a bloody tree lighting ceremony.

3 Likes

I think if Trump is not in jail by 2020 America (and consequently the rest of the world, given the size of American nuclear arsenal) will have problems which are way bigger than HRC’s likability.

Given the current Jerusalem situation we might not get to 2020. A significant section of the crazy Evangelicals have united with some nutty Israeli lobby to get Armageddon closer…

3 Likes

Fine. If the Democrats ASPIRE to be a party that deserves to win then that means purging known sexual harassers and predators from their ranks, whether or not the Republicans do the same.

Ugh, I’m really sorry that happened to you and that I got it wrong. Must have been blinded by Conyers nepotic tendencies and general grossness.

Absolutely. This is the kind of challenges intelligent, politically minded people need to discuss and find solutions for:

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/938055378021085184

5 Likes

Even if by giving up that seat we enable our opposition to more easily implement their agenda? There is a time for moral absolutes. I’m not sure this is the time and I’m sure that if Moore loses in Alabama, it’s really not the time. Even if Moore wins in Alabama, I don’t feel comfortable about Democrats ceding a seat in the Senate to the Republicans because a Democrat sexually assaulted someone. They shouldn’t be allowed to run for reelection, sure, but when forcing them to resign means you give up a substantial amount of your power to prevent the Republicans from, you know, gutting welfare and SNAP because deficit and we hate the poors, well, I just don’t see it as being so cut and dried.

1 Like

I was referring to the election crowds. His primary rallies put more asses in seats than HRCs did.

The solution for that is a constitutional amendment. Are you working toward that?

(Edit: Calexit is a plausible solution, too.)

(Edit #2: Another solution below)

Not wanting to cause major topic drift here, but

The US senate voted 90-0 to continue its 1995 endorsement of Jerusalem (which passed 93-5) as the capitol of Israel.