Happy golden retriever family and their pile of puppies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/16/happy-golden-retriever-family.html

16 Likes

It’s a doggo chaser! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Waggly Doofuses!

4 Likes

tumblr_prg8sjdIxV1tzqospo1_540

16 Likes

16 Likes

I can smell the fresh, baby puppy smell from here.

4 Likes

I’ve been looking for a dog. Most likely a rescue. But in looking for a specific breed I looked at golden retrievers.

So the second reaction I had when seeing that picture was “well, that’s about 9 thousand dollars worth of puppies there”
…and then I felt bad.

3 Likes

You can just get a gold-plated retriever if you are on a budget.

9 Likes

Is it really mom and dad doggo’s? Could it also simultaneously sister/brother? Who/What is qiyameng?

8 Likes

A lot more than that in some cases . . . a reputable breeder I know, who breeds from old lines (from frozen semen) and outcrosses with Australian goldens, for general soundness and reduced cancer rates, charges over US$2000 per pup, and sells out her litters months in advance.

As someone who just lost a 13 year old golden two weeks ago (his death was painless and immediate, if not immediately expected), this is quite comforting. I’m far more philosophical about the circle of life, et. al., with a little healing time. These truly are the most loving dogs I’ve ever been around.

6 Likes

Oh man, they really are. I’ve loved all the different dogs in my life, and can’t rate any one above the others in how much love and joy they shared, but the goldens really were special with their gentle, loving souls.

2 Likes

I’ve got a 14-year-old golden of my own, though she’s largely gone platinum now. She’s in good health for her age but I know she only has so much time with us left so we’re trying to make it count.

4 Likes

Mine enjoyed his last day as much as any other day. He had a great long morning walk with me. Ate dinner that evening with his usual vacuum cleaner-like intensity, went out again half an hour later and begged for and got a treat. Just ten minutes after enjoying his treat, he made a funny, brief rattle sound while lying on his bed in the living room. When my wife immediately went to him to see what was wrong, he was motionless and dead. No struggle whatsoever. It’s how I’d like to go out, as well: no fuss, no pain, no burden. It was his final gift to us, of a great many. RIP Kai.

14 Likes

Not to mention their bellies.
Fresh.
Pink.
Puppy.
Bellies.

4 Likes

I say it again, Golden Retrievers are the mostest bestest.

1 Like

Yes they are.

3 Likes

Puppers!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.