Happy Hanukkah from space

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/23/happy-hanukkah-from-space.html

7 Likes

Aww. The Boeing Starliner was supposed to deliver presents. It’s a shame it didn’t make it.

6 Likes

Courtesy of Mel Brooks:

21 Likes

How soon until you see this pic at 4chan //pol?

The War on Christmas has reached SPACE, people!
Now, more than ever, we need Space Force!

/s

4 Likes

‘This game of dreidel is going to take forever if it won’t stop spinning.’

11 Likes

What’s the rabbinical consensus on when is sundown if you aren’t on Earth? And where is Mizrah?

3 Likes

…and now I know what the character Tevye meant by this:

Awaiting the Canonical speedrun of the Xenosaga series I suppose?

1 Like

Follow the clock of where you were last on Earth. This came up before the launch of the Challenger.

As for the ISS, my question is what kind of electric channukiah Jessica Meir is using cuz I’m pretty sure she isn’t lighting candles up there.

4 Likes

About an hour, in fact.

3 Likes

With a day/night cycle every 90 min, you could get through Hanukkah real fast.

3 Likes

Next time ship them SpaceX Dragon. :rocket:

You beat me to it!

1 Like

When I got married we wanted to get married on Saturday in the summer. Typically we would have to wait until after sundown, for the sabbath to end, but didn’t want our wedding to start at 9:00pm. So we asked the rabbi what we should do and he said “well…maybe we could just use the average of all the sundowns for all year, so let’s say 5:30”. It’s nice being reformed. It’s like choose your own religion.

3 Likes

Not to the video! Thx!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.