Happy Large Boulder the Size of a Small Boulder Day!

Originally published at: Happy Large Boulder the Size of a Small Boulder Day! | Boing Boing

11 Likes

SPLITTERS!!!

(Small Boulder the Size of a Large Boulder Day Society.)

9 Likes

Well, per the Wentworth Scale boulders begin at 10" diameter. Use that as you will.

5 Likes

11 Likes

But an SI boulder = one giraffe. Get with the times.

9 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Carn Brea Castle, England.

20 Likes

Kernow.

4 Likes

That looks… precarious. :grimacing:

6 Likes

I have a fond memory from a few years ago of a science reporter describing a bit of space exploration gear as being “the size of a giant tennis racket.” Well, sure.

That’s become my go-to when asked to describe anything by size: “It’s about the size of a [small huge tiny etc] tennis racket.”

6 Likes

My favorite boulder has got to be the one in this video. It has a cinematic sense of timing for this dashcam.

Three seconds in, the mountain top above the McDonald’s sign gives way, but this is subtle and I missed it on first watch. Then, as the car slowly advances though the rain, the boulder is smashing its way unseen down the tree-filled slope.

Luckily for the white car directly in view, the wave of mud and debris shoves it out of the way, as the star of the video makes its grand entrance. As a curtain of muddy mist dissipates, the giant is revealed, tipping itself toward the white car as if to give a little bow. It then settles itself on its new, if temporary home, the middle of the road.

14 Likes

Based on the architecture, it’s been precarious for quite a while :crazy_face:

5 Likes

That is a completely bonkers folly. At least, back in the 18th Century, when people had more money than sense, they produced something cool like this, rather than buying Louis Vuitton and Bugatti Veyrons. :sunglasses::smile:

9 Likes

Wow! That is some Michael Bay shit! :smile:

5 Likes

I hit this rock a few years back while biking to work. It flattened both tires.

I took it home. It was on the mantle for awhile, but I don’t see it anywhere.

Now I’m worried. I don’t trust it. I don’t trust it at all.

33 Likes

Which is how it got built in the first place. They’re not wrong, so far.

6 Likes

With a boulder on my shoulder
Feelin’ kinda older
I tripped the merry-go-round

With this very unpleasin’
Sneezin’ and wheezin
The calliope crashed to the ground

The calliope crashed to the ground

But she was
Blinded by the light
Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night

9 Likes

1554687835_giphy

13 Likes

Please let use know that you are ok and made it through the night! We are worried now!

5 Likes