Have a Very Merry N.R.A. Christmas!

For this reason, the inability of felons to vote always rubbed me the wrong way.

What purpose does it serve? It certainly is not a deterrent. I can only imagine to send the unambiguous message that they are second class citizens.

It also seems to be a partisan issue, although it is unclear if it is just a case of conservatives being more punitive, or if the most affected demographics tend to vote democrat.

4 Likes

I honestly donā€™t know. I believe after you have served your term you have served your term. But it is an example of ā€œbargainsā€ the US has made with itself regarding the Constitution.

Apparently it is quite varied, but most states that is true in various fashions. A few, felons never can vote again.

1 Like

Dammit! I thought we had been blessed with two Hip Hop Family Trees this week. I click the link and discover that I misread and itā€™s not a very merry NWA Christmas.

7 Likes

The ā€œterror watch listā€ is a secret roster of something like 1,000,000 people that, for unknown reasons, have gained the attention of law enforcement. Given their track record to date, it would be naive to suppose that there arenā€™t plenty of activists, journalists, dissidents and racially-profiled brown people on that list. Does Ruben really think that the executive branch should be able to arbitrarily suspend the constitutional rights of any citizen, without due process?

(Obamaā€™s proposal was actually more modest than this ā€” the ā€œno-fly listā€ contained 47,000 names as of an August 2013 leak).

2 Likes

every time i read the headline i think it reads

#Have a Very Merry MRA Christmas!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Iā€™d like two tickets to that Gunn show!

1 Like

Well, there is a white guy right next to him, but more to the point, being swarthy and brown is the sort of thing that gets you onto terror watch lists. Bolling isnā€™t feeding the prejudice, heā€™s acknowledging it.

Speaking of which, the middle panel matches my mental picture of a good percentage of regular commenters hereā€¦

Enough about damn guns. Letā€™s have some:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.