Has @Donald_Petersen seen THIS?

3 Likes

Have you seen THIS before?

5 Likes

Has @OtherMichael seen this?

8 Likes

Has @Mister44 seen this?

4 Likes

OMG - NO. Though I frequent io9, looks like this was posted as I went home.

That is great. Like the article said, in the 70s DC had a short run of 12 issues, several of them by the great M. W. Kaluta! During this time he showed up in two Batman comics. I have a copy of one issue, the 2nd one I have a French and a Spanish version of the comic, but not a regular English one yet.

I was a bit surprised they didn’t do a cross over in the mid to late 80s when DC again had the rights to the Shadow.

To say The Shadow influenced Batman is a bit modest. Bill Finger said the early stories were re-purposed shadow stories, and the two characters share many similarities:

Crime fighter with uncanny criminologist abilities and elaborate plans to catch foes.
Not afraid to pummel the bad guys when wits didn’t work. (While The Shadow used guns - which Batman was more prone to do early on - he also spend a lot of time just using his fists and “sledging with his automatics”. He also rarely killed the head foe directly, they usually died from their own actions, the police would finish them off, or sometimes captures by the police.)
Playboy Millionaire alter ego.
Cloaks.
Using fear to foil their foes.
The Utility Belt and science bent was borrowed from Doc Savage (which Superman was even more wholly… inspired from.)

So while usually I go and try to pick up discounted back issues at comic con or ebay, I will be picking these up as they come out.

I actually had this wild idea for a TMNT and Shadow Elseworlds type story. I plan to actually put it on paper and give it to Kevin Eastman when he comes visit this spring.

Anyway, thanks so much!

4 Likes

Have you seen THIS?

5 Likes

Have you seen this?

http://usuncut.com/news/rubbish-translators-struggling-interpret-trumps-unforgivably-bad-english/

5 Likes

Have you seen this?

(Background story: he was upset about the attention his wife was giving to the kids. “I was kind of… jealous. I was sulking about it.”)

5 Likes

And she still bowed more deeply at the end.

6 Likes

Have you seen this?

6 Likes

Has @popobawa4u seen THIS?

6 Likes

The squatters – Autonomous Nation of Anarchist Libertarians, known as ANAL – said they entered the building through an open window

Well, with a name like like ANAL I wouldn’t expect them to go in through the front door!

8 Likes

Have you seen this?

Explanation and playing around with the possibilities:

5 Likes

Has @nemomen seen this?
life finds a way

14 Likes